Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet K1500 Suburban: I have a 2005 suburban that blows

Customer Question

I have a 2005 suburban that blows the fuse controlling the interior lights and back-up lights. It is not consistent. May happen in the rain, hitting a bump, or just sitting in the garage. I've taken it to two auto electric shops and neither could get the fuse to blow. Anybody else have this problem, and if so, where did they find the short.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

A common area for a short to occur is in the wiring at the sunvisors. Remove the screws securing the visors and drop the visors down. Unplug the wiring leading into each of the visors and drive the vehicle a while to see if the short goes away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As stated in my first inquiry, I have taken my vehicle to two auto electric shops. I failed to inform you that the last one did check out the sun visors and found they were fine. Do you have any other suggestions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my follow up question?