sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Chevy suburban: 2010 chevy suburban, one pound Freon low recharged

Customer Question

2010 chevy suburban, one pound Freon low recharged with uv dye added. Same day one pound low again and no dye residue anywhere. I'm second owner and have no idea of any previous work. I am a technician however i'm stumped on this one. any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible to have the wrong compressor on the vehicle?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the wrong compressor could be installed but it's unlikely.
If the system is continually going low but there are no signs of external leak then the leak has to be either the front or rear evaporator. The evaporators are in the heater boxes and it takes quite a bit of time and a pretty large leak to get dye to show up at a heater box drain tube, if it shows up at all. If you've been over the entire system externally and can't find a leak then it has to be leaking where it can't be seen, which would be the evaporators.