Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Suburban: i am troubleshooting my rear ac blower

Customer Question

Hi i am troubleshooting my rear ac blower motor on my 2005 suburban and reading this article http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1am5w-2005-chevy-suburban-rear-a-c-wont-work-hear.html
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the rear blower motor already and it worked for about a month but then it just died again. When I initially replaced the motor it didn't work at first so I reseated all the connections and it worked. Now it just won't work, I have tried reseating connections multiple times.So I decided to replace the blower motor resistor as well and no luck.I have inspected the IGN 3 10A fuse as well as RR HVAC 30A fuse. They appeared intact and functional. I swapped them with other fuses just to try it out and it didn't fix anything.I took voltage measurements on the blower motor resistor at terminal B connector C2 orange and I only have 6v here. I have 14v on brown. I'm not sure why I only have 6V at orange. So I tried clipping the wire at the connected and bypassing the connector and measuring just at the wire. Still 6V. I don't know where to go from here except to replace the harness but I'm not sure which harness the problem could be happening at.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The is one know very common problem with the rear blower motor not working and its usually caused by Connector C206 which is a 22 Cavity Gray connector located lower left of the IP behind the kick panel. Pull your kick panel and check the connector. The orange wire come through this connector and if the connection is bad you will get a voltage drop .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am still having issues. I cut the orange wire before the connector to see what the voltage was and it is still 6v. Now I think I have to trace the wiring up under the roof. Is this correct?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Yes That would be my next steps as well.