Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet corvette: 2007 vette convertable auto top.....lowered

Customer Question

2007 vette convertable auto top.....lowered top successfully..attempted to raise top my son grabbed the locking handle fearing it needed to be moved to prevent it from hitting windshield frame. Now power top willnot come down to windshield frame,,,,stops about 8 inches from it and lower hatch closes rear top latches. front of top still remains open
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the locking handle has been put back into place properly and the top still does not close most likely a fault code has set in one of the computers that is disabling the top from operating properly.The fault code most likely just needs to be cleared out using a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and communicates with all vehicles to see what codes have set and to have the codes cleared out.
I suspect the codes just need cleared out to resume normal operation again.
Thanks Pete