GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

95 corvette runs fine then just stop running have replaced

Customer Question

95 corvette runs fine then just stop running have replaced distributer, coil cap& roter ignition modualfule pump but still runs fine but just running please help me Larry
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Hi Larry. Can you go over your story again ? It does not make sense if you re read it. Thanks. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

driving 65mph car may run fine all day then you get in and may drive 5 min. the car will die then I'll pull over restart and the car and drive off it may run for a little while then it will die agin thanks Larry

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok start the vette and tap on the mass air flow sensor see if it kills the engine it makes it change the way it runs. Also it would be nice to know if your missing fuel or spark , do you have a fuel pressure gauge ? Will it die in your garage ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I taped the sensor and nothing happened taped computer 15 sec. car died started up and died about30 sec. later started and car ran fine then turned it off.thanks Larry

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Larry , when the car dies is it like shutting the key off ? Or does it slowly die ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

like shutting the key off

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that tells me it is a ECM issue or sensor issue , so you will need a noid light and a extra spark plug we need to know if it is injectors that are not firing or spark plugs not firing.