Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Colorado: I have a 12 Colorado pick up and the radio

Customer Question

I have a 12 Colorado pick up and the radio doesn't work and I checked the fuse and it is good where do I look next
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay.
Try and remove the fuse for about 5 minutes then reinstall it to reset the radio.Keep in mind if the reset does work the radio may need reprogrammed by a GM dealer to work after you would know this if you see calibrate on the radio.
If the reset does not work this can indicate an internal electrical fault in the radio itself needing replaced.I have seen these fail in the last before and had to replace it.I don't see any related bulletins on this fault here.
The only other thing to check is to have the fault codes checked to see if there is a serial data communication fault with the radio as this will help pinpoint the radio at fault as well.
Thanks Pete