Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet chevy blazer: I can get it to start and run as long

Customer Question

I can get it to start and run as long as I spray starter fluid in intake. Fuel pump and pressure are good? Suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
you say the fuel pressure is good,how much psi do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bout 60
ok
does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer trouble codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have comp. Or codes engine light is not on
ok
without the codes i will give you my thoughts..
sense you have 60psi of fuel pressure[and these must have no less than 60psi]i would think you have no injector pulse
1-this can be caused by a few things..
check the ecm fuse
the ignition module can cause it not to have a pulse,even if it does have a spark.
the crank sensor can cause it not to have a pulse.
if it isnt the crank sensor or the ignitioon module,,i would think it has a bad fuel-metering body[spider]
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.