GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet siverado: Exhaust filer check engine light came

Customer Question

Exhaust filer check engine light came on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. So to be clear what code are you getting ? What "Pxxxx" code shows up ?
What had been done so far from the dealer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So u can.t read huh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read what I said or u won't get pd. I do not work on diesels.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
So you want me to give you a fix for your truck or do you want no one to help you after a reply like that. I am a real person with great knowledge and am not here to waste your time or money. Is there something wrong with wanting to make sure we are on the same page so I can give you the absolute best answer possible. After having your issue repeat over and over , wouldn't you finally want it fixed ? And this is how you reply ?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out. I for the first time , refuse to help someone that talks to people the way you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already answer ur questions. If 7 know anything when I said I took it to the dealer u would know what they did. And I also said I was in park running it at 3500 rps would give another clue what I was doing. N considering g I only have 10min w u ur questions that I answered r a waste of time...
I think what it comes down to is it is too far gone n needs to be replaced. That is my question to u. Also to put a stinger I. All this. I have a over heating problem along w burning out turbos .
The I found I understand so far is if this filer is clogged it causes me over heating problem n the cause of this problem accrues so much.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
No, you have uimited time. I have spent weeks with customers helping them solve the hardest of problems. You are misunderstood of how this works. And what makes you think I would know what the dealer did when I am not sure what your issue is. Sounds like regeneration. BUT I do now know you. I do not know your truck. I do not know anything about your scenario. I rely on you to tell me so I can get a picture as to what could be happening. So your time is not wasted. , however you have responded with such negativity that I don't think you are going to get anyone to assist you. Again I have opted out , please do not respond to me until another expert responds or your post will be locked back to me and other experts will not see it. I wish you luck. I am truly here to HELP people. But you have gone too far with your comment "read what I said or you won't get paid " , nobody deserves to be talked to like that. I am not trying to argue , please understand that. I am politely saying that I am not the best expert for you at this point and I hope another expert does attempt to help and I hope you have your issue resolved. Take care. Please do not respond so other experts can see your question. Lou