Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Tahoe Z71: Triston. My son just recently bought

Customer Question

Hi Triston. My son just recently bought a used 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe and the check engine light came on. It was diagnosed as having 3 codes. c900 device 1 voltage low c899 device 1 voltage high and p1400 cold start emission reduction control system. We are trying to figure out what to do next. Thank you!

Additionally, right after the engine light came on we noticed leaking under the drivers side mat (the carpet was wet under the mat).

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code C0900 and P0899 can be set by any of the following,

• Alternator
  • Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)

In order to determine which is failing check the thing mentioned in the steps below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/C0900%20Jun%206.pdf

GM has released a Service bulletin dealing with the code P1400 which calls for reprogramming the computer with a new update which likely applies to your concern. I have enclosed the TSB in the link below for your review as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P1400%20Jun%206.pdf

• Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Ron. Any advice on the leaking on the drivers side. The carpet was wet under the mat. It had not done that since we had it and a leak was not picked up when we had someone look at it prior to purchasing the vehicle. It was noticed when the check engine light came on.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
    Do you have a sun roof in your Tahoe?
    Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes and the rubber trim is loose, i was told it needs to be glued?!.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
    If the sun roof trim is loose that could cause a leak, you may also want to make sure the drains are open as well.