Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4 ls: Well where to begin I got a 97 Tahoe

Customer Question

Well where to begin I got a 97 Tahoe 350 5.7 vortec and I've been trying to narrow down .y multiple random misfire for some time I've don't many tune ups changed maf sensor more than once plugs wires cap rotor throttle position sensor all four 02 sensors new air filter and some more I'm sure I can't think of. Well since the cel has been flashing and I've driven it anyways cuz I can't figure it out I'm a new learning self taught and we'll read beginner. But now my truck went into limp home mode no new code thrown still only the po300 I was thinking may b ignition coil irk I'm at a loss
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
flashing check engine light is a hard miss fire. a code will set for the cylinder that is miss firing.
I would start with a compression test to verify all cylinders are still good. you can rent a tester at a parts store.
the fuel pressure is next. low fuel pressure will set a 300 miss fire. you can rent a tester at a parts store as well.
I would start here as it sounds like you have replaced the basics.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did the compression check and I believe the fuel pressure check as well. What next this isn't very many things to recheck I've gone thru alot of things and nothing is fixing this is there something else

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
what is the compression???
what is the fuel pressure????
Roy