Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

1998 chevy s10 2.2 5 speed 2wd. My friend hooked up jumper

Customer Question

1998 chevy s10 2.2 5 speed 2wd.
My friend hooked up jumper cables backwords. and it poped and sparked. i dont see any burnt wires. i dont know where any fusible links are either im not finding much info on this problem of mine. does anyone have any suggestions as to what to look into or look for, i need my truck up and running asoon as possible i dont want to go to a shop i am mechanically inclined enough to do my own work, i just dont know where to start please explain as much as possible, thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. There is a large 175 amp fuse under hood which is probably blown. It is in a fuse holder to the right of radiator, here is a picture. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yo0zp2i2uzi52h/fh.gif?dl=0
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my truck cranks over but no start. i locateted that fuse would that make it not start and still crank over?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Yes because starter has a separate fuse. Let me know if fuse is blown, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had replaced all the positive terminals, replaced computer, starter, 175 amp fuse. And all of my fuses are good. Replaced crank sensor coil, wires and spark plugs. I tried cranking it and nothing. I sprayed starting fluid in intake nothing still no spark. Compression test is good. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
new expert here
with the key ON is the check engine light lit up in the dash ?
was the new computer you put in programmed to this trucks VIN number or was it pre programmed before you installed it ?