Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Trailblazer LS: I'm having a problem with the abs/brke

Customer Question

I'm having a problem with the abs/brke light staying on with my '04 Trailblazer. With the abs light on my AC fan speed stays on low also? The lights went out once after driving for awhile, but stayed on after the next drive!
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no problem detected with the actual brakes or braking so far! Just the Abs/brake indicator lights staying on after starting! I banked on the dash to see if maybe there is a loose connection somewhere, but had no effect. I suspect its some relay problem? I have had the ignition switch replaced for a previous dash indicator problem (all indicators staying off) and that switch fixed that problem. This seems to be another dash indicator problem?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. The ABS module and blower motor control module both share ground 201 in common. If abs light and blower problem always happen together I suspect this ground as the issue. Manual does not show any pictures of ground but I found a website where another owner documented procedure, here is link. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
-
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=74110
-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could there be any other problem that would cause this? Is there any related relay/switch that could/would affect the ABS/brake instrument lights and the proper operation of the fan? The ignition switch has been changed for a previous instrument gauge problem. I looked at your reference and it turnd out to not be the problem for their issue. Thanks!
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
This ground is the only two items it shares in common. Ignition switch also sends signal to both of these modules but you would be experiencing other problems too if ignition switch was bad. I do believe this ground is your problem, at least the best place to start. Next step would be monitoring power/grounds at blower motor control module during problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.