Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: TimHave a 98 Tahoe 2 door 5.7

Customer Question

Hi Tim
Have a 98 Tahoe 2 door 5.7 Collapsed lifter and once head removed found cracked head.
Replaced will all new lifters, new head on one side. new alum base distributer, wires and plugs and fuel injection system.
Engine missing on 5 & 7 at idle ... very rough idle, smooths out some above 2000 rpm but not right. Checked wiring loom and signals from ECU to injectors .. ok
Unplug MAF when idling and no change.
Going to replace MAP sensor and ICV this weekend. Do you have any other suggestions ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
it sounds as if you may have a bad vacuum leak..check all hoses/lines,but,the problem may be a sticking egr valve,,remove the egr valve and clean it,make sure it closes all the way,it may have carbon under the valve causing it not to close all the way,thus,causing a major vacuumleak from the exhaust
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.