Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

I hit a deer with my cobalt now I can't start the car I have

Customer Question

I hit a deer with my cobalt now I can't start the car I have no juice to the fuse what would cause this and how do I fix it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, what fuses did you check? There is a fuse named CRNK in the fuse under the hood, also is it automatic transmission or manual?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked all fuses automatic
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
If all fuses have power check the battery cable that goes to the stater make sure is good and secure, can you check for codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car turns over is not getting fuel no juice to the fuse for the fuel pump
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
If there is no power in fuel pump fuse, check if there is power in two of the fuel pump relay terminals with the switch on, the relay is where the fuse is in the under the hood fuse block, the relay supply power to the fuse, you can also swap the relay with one of the other relays if they look the same and you need to check the ground side of the fuel pump relay, your problem could be the relay but also could be the wires if the vehicle hit the deer on that side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hit the deer right in the middle front
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
You need to inspect also the wiring harness that goes by the front of the engine by the radiator, the engine control module harness pass by the front of the vehicle and the module supply power to the fuel pump relay and on the left side on the front close to the headlamp there are two grounds make sure they are not loose or broken