Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Chevrolet Malibu LTZ: I have a 2012 chevy malibu I tried to

Customer Question

I have a 2012 chevy malibu I tried to push the open/lock button on the door it wouldn't work. I had to push the lock button several times before it locked but then I couldn't unlock the door. Is this an easy fix or would I have to take it back to the dealership?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Problem is, there is really no Customer Input to this, as the Door Lock / Unlock is controlled via the BCM (body control module) that Controls / Powers a number of Components in your car.Relays & Circuits are "Internal" & the only way to Test & Program is via GM Dealer Scan Toolapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.