Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Cobalt LS: I have a 2005 cobalt ls an I have a aftermarket

Customer Question

I have a 2005 cobalt ls an I have a aftermarket stero in it with the radio harness for it as well I put it in myself an I know what im doing but this is a first the service air bag is on an it refuses to start or even turn over an it ran 2 days ago with no problems the aftermarket radio has been in there since april the radio fuse has been switched to a 15 amp fuse instead of a 10 is that the problem there because the aftermarket radio has a fuse thats for fifteen amps
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

I highly doubt the radio is to blame. Also you should never increase the fuse amperage unless you increase the wire size. The fuse is designed to fail before the wire does in the event of a short. With a higher amp fuse the wire could heat up and burn the insulation off before the fuse can fail.

Being that it will not crank, we need to start there first. Open the file below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05cobalt.pdf

When trying to start, are there 2 pins at the removed crank relay showing battery voltage?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay the battery has voltage the amerage is around 12 so I dont think its the battery

Let me know when you can complete the steps mentioned.