Eric Gardner
Eric Gardner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE
78075103

GMC silverado: a 2000 chev Silverado 5.3 engine.. when starting

Customer Question

a 2000 chev Silverado 5.3 engine.. when starting engine it does not idle, drops to 200 rpm almost stalls, have to press accelerator to keep engine running..drive short distance , stop resart does same thing, seems to have no power..did this a day after spraying cleaner into intake.. happened 2 or 3 times then cleared up, but now doing it again...
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric Gardner replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for using Just answer. I think we can figure this out between the two of us. I just need to know how detailed you want me to be and if there is a check engine light on, I will need to know the codes associated with that check engine light. Most auto parts stores can pull these codes for free. What was the name of the cleaner you used to spray into the intake? Please let me know and thanks