BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2006 Chevy duramax its smoking when u mash on go

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy duramax its smoking when u mash on go peddle acts like no boost and no power till u floor board it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. I would start by checking the air filter to make sure it is not clogged. If it is not then you more than likely have a failing fuel injector. Is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's more of egr turbo vane poisitioner
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
If the check engine light is on then the best way to start is to have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you bring me the codes it will help me to give you the best information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have the codes P003a P0101 p0402 p0101p0676
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. From the codes and symptoms it sounds like the EGR valve is stuck open. This will cause all of this to occur. .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cleaned egr was not dirty but cleaned any way here's codes iam getting now p0108 p003a p0101 p0402 p0678 p0676
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
From the codes you are getting it still sounds like an EGR issue., It sounds like it is not achieving the right position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank I will try again
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what you find. Hopefully it is not a turbo issue causing the EGR reading.