BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: I have a question about codes

Customer Question

I have a question about codes and which part(s) to replace.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Before we get started can you tell me how many miles are on the truck and how it is running beside the fact that the check engine light is coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
94278 miles, transmission shifts fine till it warms up. Once it's warm the 1-2 shift seems to lag, then on a recent trip I tried to pass someone and when it downshifted it went into protective mode and gave the check engine light.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The codes you are getting are for several stuck solenoids in the transmission valve body. It is possible that you have a solenoid failure, but most of the time this is caused by debris in the transmission. Small amounts of debris will get into the valve body and will clog the passages and cause these solenoids to get stuck. I would remove the valve body and clean it to see if ti clears up the problem. Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ordered a shift control solenoid but I don't know which one will to replace, 1-2 or 2-3. Since I have to drop the pan to access these, how hard is it to clean the valve body?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
You will unbolt the valve body to remove it. Just be careful and pay attention to any of the moving parts and levers as they need to go right back in the exact same spot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Which solenoid would be cause the shifting issues, and which one(s) should I replace?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
One of the codes is for one solenoid and the other is for the torque converter clutch. Let me see if I have a picture of them.