BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS 4x4: I have a 2002 silverado.

Customer Question

I have a 2002 silverado. 2500hd. I have had an on going problem with codes 1220 & 1221. The truck will go into reduced power and sometimes go dead. I have had mechanics tell me everything from tps is bad to thottle body needs changing . I had one that changed the pig tail to the tps because of a melted wire. One even said I just need to clean my intake more often. If I unplug the tps and zero it and clear the codes it may run fine for three months or three miles. I have a lot of miles on my truck and still I love it , but I'm getting very frustrated. Help please.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. If the wiring at the throttle body has been replaced as well as the throttle body itself then you need to check the wiring for the accelerator pedal. It is common for the wiring terminals in the connector to become loose or even corroded. It is also common for this wiring to have issues with corrosion under the driver side kick panel under the dash. Most of the time if you ill get under the dash and check these you will find the problem. It is very common on this truck. Let me know if you need more help.