Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 97 k1500 350 vortec, I've removed the spider injecto

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 97 k1500 350 vortec, I've removed the spider injector and have bought a fuel injector o-ring kit from Chevrolet. How can I remove the individual injectors from the spider injector body for cleaning and to install the new o-rings ?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also if one of the individual plastic lines are cracked, is there a way to replace them ? Maybe with an after market product from a parts store ?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
the early units, such as your, do not allow removal of the injectors from the spider. the newer units did allow there removal and replacement separately.
if one of the lines is cracked, you will have to replace the spider assembly. there is no replacement available.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roy, You're killing me . Please tell me you're not serious. There's no way to replace on of the plastic lines ? Is there a way to test the unit to verify a leak in an individual line ?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I am not killing you, gm is the one on there design
you can hook up the spider unit without the upper intake on and turn on the key and pressure it up and inspect for leaks. the fuel pressure regulator is the most common failure for leakage.
Roy