Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I read the answer about hot air on drivers side, pulled the

Customer Question

i read the answer about hot air on drivers side, pulled the fuse like you said now its blowing hot air on both sides. would the actuator cause that?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.
Yes, the actuator can cause this problem. When you pull and reinstall the fuse, the system 'relearns' the actuators. If the actuator travels beyond normal limits due to wear in the actuator, a fault code will set and the system goes into a default mode (full heat). If you have a full size truck or suv, you can have the dealer reprogram the control module to fix the problem. If you have a mid size like a trailblazer or envoy then the actuators will have to be replaced.