AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevy Corvette: I have a 2001 corvette that when I turn the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 corvette that when I turn the key on to start all hear is a opening and closing of a fuse.The car doesn't turn over and nothing from the strarter.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem started after I installed a new automactic shifter for the transmision and reconnected the battery. I turn the ket to start but nothing happens and I can here a fuse opening and closing.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Did you still need help?
Can I get your VIN so I can pull a wiring diagram?
Thank you!
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vin number is *****
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the VIN!
I suspect this no crank condition is caused by the new automatic shifter that was just installed. If the contacts inside the transmission park neutral position switch are not closed when trying to start the engine, the theft deterrent relay will not get a signal and wont send power down to the starter motor.
Your best bet would be to start by checking the starting circuit. You can check for power down at the starter, check for power into the theft relay and or check for power coming out of the park neutral position switch on the yellow wire with the key in the crank position.
I am going to send over an offer with my contact information. IF you would like a wiring diagram of the starting circuit, please accept my offer and email me.
Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the automatic shift ansempoly and found no problem,I even reinstalled the old shifter with no change. Is their a fuse connected with the security that can be pulled to see if the car will start.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Yes there are three fuses.
IGN 2 fuse, crank fuse and the starter fuse.