BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Chevrolet Carlo: Hal , I got an 06 Carlo 3.9

Customer Question

Hi Hal , I got an 06 Monte Carlo 3.9 . A couple things . I replaced both bearing hubs and service traction control comes on intermittently . OBD will say short in Squib . Also the tranny shifts hard when this happens . Second is the engine idles high then low , up then down to almost stalling until it gets to operating temp . Can you help me ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if the traction light was on before the hubs were installed? Is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The check engine light goes on and off but not always with traction control light . Also just the tranny rebuilt about 3 months ago .
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. And did the traction control light start right after the hubs were installed, or were they replaced to try and fix the traction light issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The traction light was coming on prior to the hub replacement .
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It sounds like you may have a failure in the ECM. When the ECM shorts internally this will occur. Can your scan tool see engine data when installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if it does or not . What am I looking for ?
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.
There will be a live data menu that allows you to see the sensor readings while driving.