SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic LT: i took my 2015 silverado

Customer Question

i took my 2015 silverado in for the first maintenance oil change, and they over filled the engine to where i got down the road 3 miles and it started blowing white/blue smoke out of the tail pipe, is there damage done to my engine?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After i drove 10 miles after they said to keep on driving which i didn't . I checked the oil level and it was 4-5 inches above the recommended area on the dipstick. Will their "diagnostics" really determine that damage was done to my engine, and what components would be the first to check or in the line of damage with it being over filled that much. what would you recommend to do about this?
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.I don't think damage was done.You need to drain oil out until it is at the proper level.It was smoking because oil was being push past the piston rings in to the combustion chamber.