GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet silverado hd2500 duramax: , the blower motor on

Customer Question

Hi, the blower motor on my 08 hd2500 diesel isn't working. At first it was intermittent. Now it is all the time. I have been on this page reading and had seen your advice to replace the resistor. I asked for it at the parts place and got what seems to be the resistor. square aluminum with lots of points and 2 jacks for electrical plugs? Anyway it doesn't do anything. Should I disconnect the batteries to try and reset it like You were telling the other guy?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
so you replaced the blower motor control module and it still will not work at any speed ?
if so can you see if the black wire at the resistor ( not the black one that goes to the blower motor ) is a good ground and is the red/black showing 12 volts ?