Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: I have lost the ignition voltage

Customer Question

I have lost the ignition voltage to my sunroof checked fuses and the wire connection from the sunroof to the jct box under the dash. My sun tried to hook a relay up to the sunroof and done something wrong but I checked the ignition voltage with a volt meter and the key turned on nothing by the way it was the pink wire under the dash in that jct box.everything else works on the truck just no voltage at the pink wire under the dash where the sunroof is spliced in and again I have no blown fuses just no voltage at the pink wire
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
.Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The sun roof gets its power from the fuse 34 located in the under hood fuse panel, the only pink wire is the wire from the switch to the sun roof control module, in most cases when the sun roof fails it will set and store a fault code, if you can get the system scanned and see what the fault code it that setting it would be very helpful in tracing the problem. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for reference .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20May%2027.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked all that I have lost power from the jct box under the dash where the wire for the sunroof connects in to the the pink wire on the wiring harness the one where u get power when u turn your key to acc
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the wiring diagm you will see the only pink wire is the one from the the switch to the sun roof control module, is that the wire your refering to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pink wire in my wiring harness that has power when you turn the key on .the one that GM has installed in the harness itself
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
The power supply wire to the sun roof control module is not pink, it comes from the Fuse 34 to the control module and its the red/white wire, do you have power on this wire at the control module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well let me reframe that is how it is hooked up the way it was when I got it that is how the relay gets it power is from the pink and pink with black
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Is this a factory sun roof or has it beed added on after market?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After market I would guess tha answer I am trying to get is the voltage on the pink wire where they had it wired to is gone now and that is what worries me
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Well unfortunately I do not have access to any information on the after market sun roof and its not going to match the factory wiring so I am going to have to open the question back up for you with hopes someone else may have the information you need. Please don't post back to me as it lock the question to me and others can not help if they can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it never mind I'll just save my money