GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet C1500 4x2: I have a 1991 c1500 Scott dale I just

Customer Question

I have a 1991 c1500 Scott dale I just installed a Dash in it and in the process we had to unhook the wiring harness everything works fine except the speedometer and mileage counter stopped working all the other gauges work another thing the Courtesy fuse keeps blowing it didn't happen until a couple days after the dash is installed but when it did smoke started coming from the area around the steering column when I crank the key it doesn't do it anymore when I turn the truck on can you help me I don't know what wires go to the courtesy, another thing to add the dome lights in the cab and the under dash lights would stay on even with the doors closed so I don't know if these switches in a door so they do you do it because I did change those whenever I installed the new dash, i just used the switches that where already in new dash, and I didn't use my old one so I don't know if that could have been a problem, I've also got another issue whenever I put r134a into the AC system to charge the compressor kicks on and off about 5 times them the account light on climate controler starts flashing the dryer/accumulator says r12 on it but we pulled vacum  and removed all r12 before putting  r134 into the system

Category: Chevy