GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 trailblazer.bands,1-2,2-3 sol replaced.drove local couple

Customer Question

2002 trailblazer.bands,1-2,2-3 sol replaced.drove local couple wks ok.now hangs in second @35/45mph let of gas it shifts.cant feel shift to 3d.@50 +/-mph tach is 2500/3000.TCC PWM sol??I hear this year was bad xmission,was it?thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
so the transmission will be in 2nd then shift out of 2nd and will seem to shift into neutral instead of 3rd ? or it just stays in 2nd ?
any codes ?
what happens if you shift it into 3rd with a scan tool will it shift into 3rd ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
car stays in 1st till you let off gas,then shifts to 2nd(doesnt go to neutral)i cant feel shift it 3rd but it stays in gear(never to neutral,not shifting to 3rd,outa 2 flying to neutral,was original problem b-4 band chng)sorry had my head up and locked code 0741 was thrown.no scan tool avail.Im just a shade tree with enough learned in the military as a mech(20 yrs) to make me dangerous,way dangerous
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
so the code 741 keeps setting after cleared ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
havent done that yet,I'll try but the code came long(many miles hi way driving in one trip)after the problem occured on that trip.I must leave now have an appt will get back to u thanx
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
ok let me know the current codes and see if you can get a hold of a scan tool to see if you can shift it correctly with the scan tool