Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS: just got a tune up on my 2007 chevy

Customer Question

just got a tune up on my 2007 chevy suburan when i start car it is smooth when i put into drive i feel a viberation in the floor board what would cause this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Does it run fine other then the vibration? Is check engine light on? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine light was on and had a tune up and changed o2 sensory
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Has check engine light came back on? Does it run fine other then the vibration or does it seem to misfire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs fine no engine light on only when you put in gear it seems to run rough when on cold start with vibration in floor put in park it is smooth
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
This would point toward a worn engine mount. When in drive there is pressure on engine mount so if it was worn in drive is when you would notice. Since there is no pressure on mount when in neutral is why you do not feel the vibration. This is around a $200 job to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we replaced an engine mount on before so thats probably the problem
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I agree, let me know how it turns out or if you run into questions. Thanks.