Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT: traction active at vehicle take

Customer Question

traction active at vehicle take off, vehicle stumbles then goes back to normal when i press accelerator a second time
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vehicle also makes a noise at the engine that sounds like someone sucking through a straw at a empty cup.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One of the most common causes for this fault here is usually a wheel speed sensor that isn't sending the correct wheel speed signal.This may only be occurring at low speeds or engine take off in some cases I have seen before.I would have the vehicle speed sensors checked over to see if this is the cause here for sure and the affected speed sensor replaced if found at fault.The speed sensors are usually checked with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle to monitor the signals from each of them.
Thanks Pete