Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: , My 2002 Tahoe has s new battery(replaced

Customer Question

Hello, My 2002 Tahoe has s new battery(replaced last week)but my driver door does not unlock. Keyless remote opens all other doors but not the driver door and now I am climbing thru to drive from the passenger side. Help?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to at least be able to manually open my driver door.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.
Can you manually unlock the drivers door with the key or by sliding the lock lever on the inside of the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I cannot when I try to insert the key in the drivers door it is blocked how the key does not go into the lock mechanism at all. And the sliding manual lock on the drivers door only swishes back-and-forth but it does not unlock the door.
I went ahead and removed the manual sliding lock on the drivers door and I found the lever that the lock was attached to and while pressing the unlock and lock button and moving the lever I was able to unlock my driver door now. Yet I still cannot put the key in the lock mechanism on the driver door.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
You will need to remove the door panel and replace the drivers door latch and the lock cylinder on the door. For now, since the door is opening, if you remove the LOCK relay in the dash fuse panel, this should prevent the door from locking so you can open and close it until the repairs get done
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dave. I was suspecting a driver door latch and lock cylinder once I realize the door was unlocked and I still cannot insert my key. I was questioning if the lock cylinder head triggered this small problem with my vehicle.
I probably will keep everything as is for tonight so I can secure my vehicle overnight and Monday morning I'll go and buy what you recommended.
Hope you have a great memorial weekend and I'll contact you guys if ice have another stumbling question thank you again Dave.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as well.
Dave