Edgar
Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified
71268010

Chevrolet Malibu: 2011 Chevy Malibu had codes P0014, 0016,0017

Customer Question

2011 Chevy Malibu had codes P0014, 0016,0017 fixed exhaust solenoid and intake solenoid only have P0016,0017 now but car is idling high at stops and seems like it takes a while to shift. Any ideas what's going on?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, is the vehicle 4 cylinders 2.4L or the V6 3.6L ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.4 ecotec
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Those are camshaft correlation codes, make sure that the engine is not low on oil and if is not you have to remove the engine front cover and inspect the timing chain for excessive play if the chain is good you need to replace the intake and exhaust camshaft actuators, also make sure that the solenoids that you replace are the correct part numbers