Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Truck won't start

Customer Question

Truck won't start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
please explain..will the starter turn the engine?
how and when did this problem first begin?
tell me all you can
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine turns over. I put a fuel pressure regulator in a few weeks ago. It ran good for about a day and then under medium to heavy acceleration it would start to chug/choke out. I was going to try to diag. It a few other times but I would have a no start condition so I couldn't. Then it would start and now it doesn't again. I have 2 codes one is a p0337 the other is p0339.
how much fuel pressure does it have while turning the starter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
60-65 psi
ok
tell me,,do you have a spark on the plug wires?
will it start with a prime[starting fluid or a little fuel into the throttle body]?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sometimes there's spark and sometimes not. I pulled a plug and put it in the wire and put it on the exhaust manifold and it wouldn't spark while cranking but as I let go of the key it would spark
ok
i will give you my thoughts on the matter.
first,remove the ignition module,auto zone or your local parts store will have a machine to test the module,we need to rule that out,also,concider replacing the distributer cap and rotor,these can give a fit,i have seen many of these caps bad right out of the box.
with that being said,from the way you explain and from the codes you are getting,it would seem you have a crank sensor problem,check the wire harness to the crank sensor,make sure there is no damage to the harness and the terminals are clean,you may need to replace the crank sensor
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsgqvmb58l811ix/0523-96-k1500-Close%20Window.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/tsgqvmb58l811ix/0523-96-k1500-Close%20Window.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help