Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

GM 3500 duromax diesel: I have a 2005 chevrolet, 3500 series,

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chevrolet, 3500 series, 6.6 duromax diesel engine, with toweing package. The brake light fuse at the fuse box under the hood keeps blowing. checked all wiring concerning the brake lights from front to back of truck and found no problem there. replaced brake lamp switch, but did not fix the problem. i need to know if there is anything else on the truck operated by the same fused circuit. has all options available at the time of manufacter.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.
Does the fuse blow as soon as you put it in or do you have to step on the brake for if to blow?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You Must Step on the foot pedal first.
There are 4 fuses in the instrument panel fuse block. Try taking them all out and rechecking. They are Lt trlr, rt trlr, VEH CHMSL, and VEH STOP. Also the wiring is tied into the turn signal/hazard flasher module. Which is on the back of the I/p fuse block.