GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

What's the actual name of the brain on a 2009 Chevy Malibu?

Customer Question

What's the actual name of the brain on a 2009 Chevy Malibu? Trying to look for part online. I asked prior to this some quotation to help me diagnose the problem but it didn't help. After over$400 with car still in shop we think the problem may be the brain?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
The Powertrain Control Module is the PCM for your vehicle. I don't know what your issues or trouble codes are or even your engine size though.
Let me know so I can help
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk size of engine, boyfriends car. No problems then just won't crank. Lights on dash not reading correctly and go off when u try to start car. Chevy said the pcm was not reading on the diagnostic thing they did. But wanted to charge a crazy amount of $ just to start there. Towed it to another shop, they said it was starter replaced stayed still isn't working. Checked all fuses ans have new battery. ...
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Probably not the PCM then, the body module controls that. Continue working with the expert you have on your other question that you have open and I am sure you will get to a solution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that was the name pcm but can't find it online. Oh ok, thought this was a membership type thing the other guy is not online.... don't know how this works. But they already got my$ who ever so i figured I'd ask more questions....ty anyways:/