Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet K1500 4x4: How to change oil pump on installed e

Customer Question

How to change oil pump on installed engine
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !
These 5.3 engines the oil pump is located in the bottom of the timing cover
the oil pan has to come off which means the complete front axle needs to be removed then the timing cover is removed to change the oil pump
usually on these engine those systems you are describing are usually caused by failing oil pressure sensors
if you replace the sensor and it still does this then drop the oil pan check for sludge in the bottom of the pan and see if the oil pick up screen is plugged up
if the bottom of the pan is clean and the screen is clean then the odds are the oil pump is the problem with no engine noise at all that is the direction you have to go
cut and paste this link for the oil pan and oil pump pictures
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B44D0F00649BC959!1002&authkey=!ADnvZZaGRbjjCos&ithint=folder%2c