Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS: I'm getting several different codes

Customer Question

I'm getting several different codes on my 2000 Chevtolet Suburban 171,174,420,430,and 440
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.
The P0171 and P0174 codes are lean codes. This means the engine is running lean and is typically either caused by vacuum leaks at the intake manifold gaskets or low fuel pressure due to a weak fuel pump.
The P0420 and P0430 codes are for inefficient catalytic converters. The fix for these codes is to replace the catalytic converters.
The P0440 code sets when there is a leak in the evaporative emissions system. Typically caused by a loose or missing gas cap, or a leaking evap vent solenoid near the charcoal canister.