GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet express: Intermittent left turn signal. Left

Customer Question

Intermittent left turn signal. Left flasher also when signal not working. Disconnected trailer lighting.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.
Have you attempted any other repairs? Is it the rear turn signal that is not lighting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No left signals or left flasher Works intermittently Trailer connections were corroded so were disconnected no change. Leaning towards multi function switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get them to work sometimes by operating lever till they come on. All flashers work when left signal is working. Sometimes all is fine next time not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you thinking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most of the time when I get it blinking it quits when I put it in the lock position. Thinking it's the switch
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed response. Most of the time the problem is a bad ground connection at the rear taillight connector. Remove the left rear taillight and disconnect the electrical connector. Look for discolored terminals or even melted plastic on the connector body. Let me know what you find.