K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Chevrolet corvette: No power to the compressor clutch or or

Customer Question

No power to the compressor clutch or or pressure switches. Digital hvac works blows air controls seem work but no power under the hood for ac. Relay somewhere? fuse is good.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you check both the gauge and courtesy/clock fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AC fuse 25 amp good power both sides. Gauge fuse shuts down control unit it is good. I need a schematic the one on just answer is crap.I see the pressure switches are on the ground side yet they need to have 12 volts or voltage to pull to ground. nothing at the clutch or at the switches.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
The control unit sends out a 5 volt reference to the pressure switches. I'll post the diagram below. Let me know how I cna help you further.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

I had your follow up closed so we could just work here. Connector 162 is behind the center of the dash near the radio. If you pull the radio you should see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

25 amp circuit straight to the compressor clutch is behind the radio or ECM? had the passenger glove box location open changed the ECM for other issues Fuse panel is at the pass side dash. the radio is the easiest way in?