GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD LT: Fan motor wont work on A/c

Customer Question

Fan motor wont work on A/c or heat
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
Sorry to hear about this issue. So if I understand you correctly, your blower fan inside the vehicle for the heating and air-conditioning is in operative. If this is correct, I will need to know one thing to start, do you have the digital controls or manual sliders for your heat controls?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Manual sliders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is bullshit !!!! Where are my answers ???
WHOA, easy there. I am sorry for a couple minutes delay. I was tagged on a test drive. I don't sit in an office and do nothing, I am a technician in a shop.
So your issue is 1 of 4 things.
First a fuse, Check the blower fuse.
Second an ignition switch. IF the modes change and the lights on for the AC and such work then I doubt that.
Third the blower motor resistor and connector. take the hush panel off and inspect the wiring into it and the 7 pin connector. If either show heat, change the resistor and the connector/pigtail.
4th, a bad blower motor. This is tested by removing and manually applying power or using a test light in place of the motor to see if you get a light that is different brightness on each speed. IF so then its a blower motor.
By far the most common is the resistor and connector.
So your issue is 1 of 4 things.
First a fuse, Check the blower fuse.