Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD LS: I have a 2001 chevy duramax

Customer Question

I have a 2001 chevy duramax i have change the fuel pump assembly on it and it start let it sit for 1 week and now wont start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine starts when you prime the fuel system this can indicate the fuel injector pump is sucking in air and fuel which will cause this here.If you have not checked over the engine fuel lines and fuel components for any leaks this needs done.The smallest seep or leak will cause this fault here.Usually I hand prime the fuel filter pump to pressurize the fuel system then inspect all fuel components for any leaks needing repaired.If no leaks are found let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete