Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2003 suburban 1500 : passenger door lock and window don't work

Customer Question

2003 suburban 1500 : passenger door lock and window don't work ! wont work from drivers controls ! is it one of the control panels ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish
I am sorry for the long wait
99 % of these that the passenger door lock and passenger window will not work is caused by a bad passenger side door switch assembly also called a passenger door module
the best bet is to pull out the switch and see with the key ON if the bog orange wire shows 12 volts and see if the big black is a good ground
the odds are both will test out good
if so replace the passenger window switch assembly and keep in mind the new switch must be programmed with a programming scan tool to your trucks VIN number for it to work as it is also a module and needs the programming installed in it