Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet LT: Dave. I'm Mike. I have a 2006 Trailblazer

Customer Question

Hi Dave. I'm Mike. I have a 2006 Trailblazer LT. I was under the dash this past weekend. I have two actuators under the left dash and one under the right. The one under the right dash turns when I turn up the heat, so that's not the one causing no air in my upper vents. Which actuator controls the upper vents? I can see the actuator labeled 2 in your diagram but the one labeled 3 is butted up against a metal part of the frame. I have no access to that one.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email did not go through. It is***@******.***
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This would be the mode actuator as seen in the link below.The instructions on replacement are below as well.
MODE ACTUATOR REPLACEMENT
REMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. Remove the left side sound insulator screws.
2. Remove the left hand floor duct.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2frkn6f7g1h1inz/mode-05-19.gif?dl=0
3. Disconnect the electrical connector from the mode actuator.
4. Remove the screws from the mode actuator (1).
5. Remove the mode actuator.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The actuator you refer to is butted up against a metal piece of the dash frame. I am unable to even get my finger in there.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
That is odd as the instructions here are for this actuator replacement and doesn't show a metal bracket or frame in the way.
In this case the dash may need to be loosened from the body and rotated or moved to then access it to remove and replace it.
There should be bolts that hold the dash to the body that need removed on each side of the dash on the very sides.You may have to remove or move other components as well so the dash can be moved.
Thanks Pete