Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

GMC silverado: 2005 Chevy silversdo 1500 crew cab extended

Customer Question

2005 Chevy silversdo 1500 crew cab extended bed. Going down road loses speed to point of dying. Let it set awhilestarts up runs fine for bout ten mmiles then same thing. What is causing this. Changed airmass sensor. Still doing it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing sounds like you may have a weak and failing fuel pump and the place to start it to install a fuel pressure gauge to the service port and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal fuel pressure needs to be right at 45 to 59 PSI, anything less the 45 PSI would indicates a failing fuel pump. Check the pressure and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.