Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chevy crew cab: I have a 4L80E GM automatic transmission from

Customer Question

I have a 4L80E GM automatic transmission from an earlier 91-93 1 ton P/U truck. We put all the upgrade mods in the valve body and transmission and ordered and installed the associated inner and outer wiring harnesses. We followed the conversion install instructions as best we could since the wiring codes are different from old to new. We filled the transmission pan with 4 qts of fluid, unhooked a line to check fluid flow and found that no fluid at all was pumping. We need to know if it is electrical related or mechanical? Please reply. Ron
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Ron fluid flow is mechanical. The front pump and torque converter provinces the fluid flow. if you have no fluid then the torque converter of front trans pump are the most likely suspects , that or the filter is not installed correctly and the fluid cannot be siphoned properly. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will check the filter but it is a pop in with no fasteners I pushed it up in as far as it would go so don't know why it would fall out. I'll go check it and let you know. Ron

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Not saying it will fall out but if not up all the way it could be crushed against the pan. Also if the torque converter was not set into the front pump correctly the teeth will not engage and you will not have any pressure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your suggestion didn't help since I can't locate the problem and will have to pull the trany and go to the bank for a loan, I load my camper on this truck and pull a 21' boat here in alaska. Looks like no fishing for a while, very frustrating since I live right in the middle of the best in the west.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Well your question was electrical or mechanical and there are only those 3 reasons that the trans would not push pressure. Transmission issues are never easy ones especially now that it had been disassembled and altered. I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.