Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Chevrolet Cobalt: I HAVE A 05 COBALT THE Rear brake drum stuck

Customer Question

I HAVE A 05 COBALT THE Rear brake drum stuck on and won't TURN AND THE AJUSTER Won't turn so what can I DO?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Take 2 large screwdrivers or medium prybars and insert them between the drum and the backing plate at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. Alternate prying the drum outward at each side to walk the drum off.
You can also use a large 3 jaw puller. The drum has a lip on the rear to catch with the puller jaws, and have the center bolt you turn on the puller on the center hub and tighten the bolt to pull the drum off
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks