sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2014 Camaro and the sunroof will not open or close just

Customer Question

i have 2014 Camaro and the sunroof will not open or close just sounds like gears turning
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you do hear noise when pressing the button then the motor is running or attempting to run, which rules out an electrical issue. The problem has to be a physically broken motor, a broken or stripped cable, or a damaged guide. I'm assuming that nothing foreign was in the guides when it was closed last.
It's going to take some disassembly to see exactly what has happened and odds are the sunroof assembly will be replaced. With it being a 2014 I'm assuming you're still under basic warranty, in which case the repair will be covered.