Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

Chev corvette: 1998 chev corvette won't start, not even a click,

Customer Question

1998 chev corvette won't start, not even a click, windows trunk and radio don't work
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, have you tried to check if there are any trouble codes in the body control module? Is there any power on the starter wire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haven't checked for any trouble codes, or have I checked for power to the starter wire, but the indash monitor indicated "engine poeer down" and when reset indicated "tire service" and "service engine soon"
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
You may want to try to check with a scan tool if the body control module is communicating, normally when everything stop working the way you are describing, is an internal issue in the bcm but a scan tool will help you,also check the fuses on the fuse block under the hood and on the fuse block on the passenger side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked for codes with a scanner, and didn't get any codes also checked fuses and all is ok
Expert:  Edgar replied 1 year ago.
Does the scan tool read any data in the body control module? Also check the clutch switch, is mounted on the firewall by the clutch pedal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know how to check the body control module. Did check the fluid level in the cluck and added a little fluid. When you insert the key, the seat memory doesn't work and the interior lights don't come on. code on the dash says "serv. tire mon. sys" then changes to "service engine soon" then changes again to "check tire pressure".
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing more. Have you tried to jump start the car ? It sounds like you have 1 of two issues. No power supply in the car or a bad ignition switch. First try to jump the vette and see if all power is restored. Then let me know if not and we can try another route. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ