sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2001 Auroa Passenger door window, Mirror don't work. Checked

Customer Question

2001 Auroa Passenger door window, Mirror don't work. Checked and respliced data line under drivers seat, changed pass door module, checked all fuses-relays
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most likely cause for the door module being down would be a broken wire.

When you open the door you will see a rubber boot between the door and body. This is where the door harness runs to the body harness. Each time the door is opened and closed this wiring flexes and can eventually break. If a power or ground feed or the communication bus wire to the module is broken inside this boot then it will cause what you're having.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have checked the wire between the boots but no luck. The floor is soaked, I'm assuming from the sunroof tube leaking or being stopped up so I checked and respliced the connection under the drivers seat, checked both door boots, changed the passenger door module with a similar one from a wreaked car, If I jump the data wire from the junction under the drivers seat I can control the passenger window from the drivers door along with the mirror but I've lost the lock function from both doors, I can unlock but not lock the doors. If I try using the pass door window switch it will go down but not up, after unplugging and replug I can use pass switch to go up but not down without resetting.

If the passenger window goes down but not up it has to be the module or window motor. Have you used a test light to check for power and ground at the motor connector when the motor won't work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have, I can unplug the pass window switch and it works fine on the drivers side switch so there must be a short in the pass switch I'm guessing. I still can't get the unlock feature to work from any door although they where working before I fixed the data wire. I've checked the fuses and relays for the locks but they are good.

Was the replacement module used?

Have you verified it's power and ground?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is used and I checked power and ground and they are good, I checked the old module and it is good also as far as ground and power goes.

I would go ahead and replace it again then if the power and ground feeds are good and it isn't operating the window motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It operates it either up or down the first time but if you try it the second time it won't work without unplugging it.

It could possible be disabling the window motor because of high draw but it's more likely to be the nodule. YOu can try measuring amp draw or replace the module again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try the module again and get back to you on it. Thanks

You're welcome!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you been a busy week. I jumped the data wire from under the passenger seat straight to the door module and got the window and mirror working so there was a short in there somewherebefore it went through the door boot. Anyway, I still cant use the passenger door switch, if I do it works once then won't work again till I unplug the switch and replug, could it be a faulty door switch? That is my guess but not sure.

We left off with needing to replace it again. Was that done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have replaced the passenger door switch and door module

It was replaced a second time?
Was it a new replacement or used again?
ARe the symptoms exactly the same?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a new replacement, Yes, still works on passenger door switch once then I have to unplug to reset. If I unplug the passenger door switch I have full control of pass mirror and window all the time from drivers door but not door lock on passenger door

Have you load tested the powers and grounds?
Was the bus wire spliced ans soldered?